Fick is a fluid diffusion software simulator (for both
liquids and gases): it uses the A. Flick diffusion laws to drive the
evolution of a cellular automaton. It is receive in input information
of a plain surface and produce a diffusive substance animation.
Width fick is possible producing a diffusion simulation of molecular.
Fick to be in need of getopt, Simple DirectMedia Layer
devel (SDL-devel), and SDL_image.
If your system don't have the libreries SDL.h and SDL_image.h, you can
download it in http://www.libsdl.org, compiling it
and installing it on your system.
Fick and getopt are licensed with the GNU General Public License.
SDL and SDL_image are licensed with the GNU Library General Public License.
* Changed version 1.1
* Toggle whether the cursor is shown on the screen
* fixed one bug in 3d view, it's introduced in 1.0 version
* Add a new option (-c)
* Upgrade configure.in
* Changed version to 1.0
* Substitute the Gauss method with Gauss-Seidel iterativ method
* fixed a Segmentation Fault in full screen output
* Open this web page
* Changed version to 0.3
* fixed a bug in 3d.c code
* fixed two bugs in fick.c code
* add a new option (--multicolor)
If your system have installed the getopt, SDL-devel and SDL_image
libreries, you can begin the installation procedure.
The simplest way to compile this package is:
For more details see the INSTALL file.
Additional information on the simulator can be found on how-to (in italian).
- `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type
`./configure' to configure the package for your system.
Running `configure' takes awhile. While running, it prints some
messages telling which features it is checking for.
- Type `make' to compile the package.
- Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and
- You can remove the program binaries and object files from the
source code directory by typing `make clean'. To also remove the
files that `configure' created (so you can compile the package for
a different kind of computer), type `make distclean'.
One accurate description of fick use is in the manual page, it is see
(after you are installed the program) whith the command 'man fick' or
Fick was written by
The author would like to thank
Cenciarelli for his extensive help, fick would not have happened
If you have support questions or if you have definitely found a bug,
send a mail to